Call for Applications: Project Officer: PITCH
The Kenya Sex Workers Alliance (KESWA) umbrella organisation of the Kenyan sex worker-led groups and organisations. With over 75 members across the 47 counties, KESWA brings together female, male and transgender sex worker led organisations with a vision of improving their human rights status through designing and implementing innovative, evidence-based and cost-effective advocacy campaigns that can influence public policy and practice in the field of human rights.
About the Project Officer: PITCH Position:
KESWA is implementing a PITCH project titled “Advocacy against Gender Based Violence of the Key Population Community.” The Project Officer will be responsible for developing, leading and monitoring the project activities and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
The Project Officer will supervise and guide various activities under the PITCH project and work closely with the KESWA Secretariat to support overall programme and advocacy implementation. The person will also work with the community, donors, and other key stakeholders, and accurately communicate organization goals and operational plans. They will assist the organization in its advocacy goals and be the project lead in the decriminalisation of sex work strategy that KESWA has been leading.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop, and implement activities and budgets under the PITCH project;
Provide overall guidance and leadership to the PITCH field officers team;
- Oversee KESWA’s advocacy strategies to ensure efficiency, high standards, good stewardship and cost effectiveness of program implementation;
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and serve as a positive role model for KESWA staff and community stakeholders;
- Ensure that weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports are accurate and prepared on time.
Other duties Include:
- In liaison with M&E they will ensure effective systems and mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation of programs and activities, and effective application of lessons learnt from the processes;
- Ensure that government policies that affect the programs and activities of the organization are properly interpreted and complied with;
- Write reports and work plans being the lead in the organisation’s advocacy;
- Ensure that the organization is adequately represented in relevant meetings/forums;
- Ensure that the organization maintains positive and visible public image, good public relations; and active networking/ partnership with relevant government departments and other like-minded organizations;
- Actively participate in the ad-hoc Resource Mobilization team;
- Promote the organization to local, regional, national, and international donors’/ partner relations.
- Experience in project and programme implementation, advocacy and research
- Experience from work in human rights, sex work, health, social justice, governance, sexual reproductive health and rights, is meriting
- Experience in working in partnership with civil society actors and advocates;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Swahili – other languages an asset;
- A manifest commitment to the human rights part of KESWA’s agenda;
- Research literacy – must understand the core work of KESWA;
- Optimism and openness to new ideas and occasionally to travel.
KESWA offers an attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience. This position is offered on a one-year contract, renewable depending on funding and performance.
For the interested applicants kindly send your cover letter and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com and Copy firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “ Project Officer: PITCH by C.O.B 10th April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KESWA is committed to achieving
workforce diversity in terms of gender, identity and culture. Individuals from
sex worker communities, sexual and gender minority groups, persons living with
HIV, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All
applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
KESWA does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.